Time for a Refresh and More Summer Olympic Games Chatter

In most cases change is a difficult process, however I was ready for a face lift to In the Mix. Do you like it? Eager to hear your thoughts in the comment section, Facebook, or on Twitter @dirtywater22. I opted to go with an orange design template since it's my signature color. I love orange! It makes me pop and stand out. I'm hoping it works for the blog as well. I do wish Blogger offered more template designs in my signature color that were customizable. I didn't have much to work with. This is one area where WordPress has them beat.

I'm feeling especially upbeat today. Not sure why either. I don't have any really great news to share. I have met a few goals this past week like finalizing my resume, finishing the latest draft of Quarter Year Dilemmas, submitting it to a play competition, and I've finally started reading Harry Belafonte's memoir, My Song. I received it as a holiday gift this past December and just haven't made the time to read it. Glad to make that change.  I'm going to try and finish it in the next two weeks and then hopefully start the The Help. I refuse to watch the film until I read the book.

I don't know about you all but I've enjoyed watching the Summer Olympics, not so much listening to the American commentary. The commentators have really gotten on my nerves this time around. I'm used to the back story highlights they give on athletes but their unnecessary hypotheticals and criticizing comments of athletes when they falter is unnerving.  In my opinion sports commentary for the Olympics has room for improvement. The television commentators should listen to a professional sports journalist like NPR's Mike Pesca. He knows sports and keeps it simple for listeners.

My viewing was much more robust during the first week and has tapered off a bit, but thanks to Google and social media I've stayed in the loop on the main new stories. If you were wondering the United States is in the lead in the overall medal count, but China is head by two in gold medals. I will be sad to see the summer games go and hope to catch the closing ceremony.

Watching the games all these years has made me realize that I need to add attending the Olympic Games to my bucket list. I would love to be at Rio in 2016! My preference is summer, but I'm open to the winter games too. let me know if you know anyone who is also looking to take it off their bucket list.

Comments