Black Friday Bah Humbug


It's officially a week since the big Black Friday shopping extravaganza. I don't know about you, but I was disappointed by the Black Friday deals this year. I'm not sure if it's because it seems like we gear up for holidays earlier and earlier each year allowing retailers to stretch out their deals. While Black Friday isn't an official holiday, that fact that it comes right after Thanksgiving and leads us into the Christmas shopping season has me feeling like we should make it one.

I don't need a large screen T.V., a new car (not yet) or other big ticket items and I didn't feel like hitting the stores after I stuffed myself with a fabulous holiday dinner. Thanks Nat! I'm not a morning person either, so you won't catch me waking up at four a.m. to stand in lines to hit the stores at five a.m. Not happening. I did it a couple of years ago and while I was happy with my purchases I'm not sure it was worth the gas and time I put into it.

These days I'm feeling more like a Cyber Monday and online shopping kind of girl. While there's something to be said for being able to look at  items in person I much prefer the ease and convenience of online. It's nice not battle for parking spots, stand in long lines or encounter holiday attitudes of frustrated customers. It doesn't help that you can get free shipping at a majority of retailers if you spend a minimum of $50. Some of my favorite retailers like Banana Republic, Nordstrom, Bed Bath & Beyond, and L.L. Bean offer free returns. Here's a list of other retailers that also offer free shipping and returns.

This year I definitely feel like I experienced the Black Friday Bah Humbug. I want to hear from you. Were you happy with the Black Friday deals? How was your experience? Drop your responses in the comment section. Thanks!

Comments