Tasting and Reviewing New Haven's Restaurants

Pacifico's Paella
I'm still adjusting to the fact that the drive-in I've grown accustomed to these last seven years will be over on December 21, 2012, maybe sooner, if I can manage to line up a new job. Traveling to New Haven takes me about an hour, if the merge onto Interstate 95 isn't backed-up due to an accident or everyday traffic. Since Gateway Community college re-opened downtown, I've added another 10 to 15 minutes getting off the highway and into the parking garage.

New Haven is more than one of Connecticut's largest cities and home to Yale University, the prominent Ivy League college. It's a cultural center with a rich history, that boasts diversity and character that makes it unique. Although I have been driving to and from New Haven for seven plus years, I have to acknowledge that I haven't taken full advantage of all the city has to offer. Especially when it comes to all the great dinning options. That's going to change.


Sally's famous pie. Can't wait to try!
With less than 90 working days left in the "Elm" city I've decided that I'm going to taste my way through the city and visit restaurants that I haven't been to before. From now until the end of year I will dine-in or order take-out from one of New Haven's many restaurants, coffee-shops, and cafes. I will then write a review of my experience for In the Mix.

There are more than 50 ethnic restaurants to choose from which is nice since I have a divers palate. I get to try new food and also will have content to post for the blog every week. It's a win-win situation. I'll probably also post some of my reviews on websites like Chowhound, Yelp, or Urbanspoon.
Tandoori shrimp from Sitar Restaurant.

I'm traveling and out of the office most of next week so I'll have to make my first restaurant visit on Monday. If you have a restaurant recommendation, leave it in the comment section. I'm looking forward to getting my taste of New Haven on. It's going to be a yummy endeavor.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Can't wait to read all about your samplings...Save some for me :) - Cat