Greetings from Panama

Hola... I mean hello...actually I mean both,

To be honest I wish I could type this blog entry in Spanish. I'm enjoying the honeymoon that much. I attended my blog entry to be a rant about how unhappy I was that Bridal Trousseau did none of the alternations on-time and that I had to get my dress the day before the ceremony, but due to all the stuff that I needed to get done last minute, I never got to that entry. Right now, none of that matters.
Map of Panama

Today is my third day on the beautifully picturesque island of Panama. For the first couple of days Karim and I did nada. I needed to rest and recuperate. The day after the wedding I began to lose my voice and as I boarded the plane at Logan airport, I was as squeaky as Mickey Mouse, just not as cute. I'm proud to report that Mucinex, green tea, Ricola, and Allegra-D have helped me recover. I am at about 85 percent, I almost sound like my old self.

Karim and I visited the Panama Canal and got a personal tour of the city by Marta. She was really cool and bi-lingual, although you will find that most Panamanians who work in tourism are. I learned a lot about the canal and history of the city from her. She was a walking encyclopedia. I also made a point to share some facts about the U.S with her over a great Panamanian lunch.

Panama Canal 1914
 I should clear up a few things. The Coronado Golf and Beach Resort is actually 75 minutes from the hotel. The road signs aren't that great either, which is why it took us nearly three hours to find the place. It didn't help that we picked up our car rental on empty, luckily Karim and I found a gas station right outside of the airport. I will say this, even though many of the folks didn't speak English, they really did their best to assist us. Kindness to strangers is universal. 

The official inaugural voyage on the Panama Canal.
Tomorrow we plan to hang out at the resort, rest up and then hit another excursion. I believe we are going to their tropical rain forest to hike and zip-line through the trees. Can't wait!!!! By the way, Panama uses the U.S. currency, so another plus to vacationing here is that you don't have to worry about changing money, but there are tolls.

Stay tune for my honeymoon top-ten which will include photos from the trip, not stock shots from the net. Sorry but I forgot to bring a USB. Ciao!

Comments