After the Headlines Screens at Silk City Flick Fest


I have some good news and I have some not so good news. I'll start with the good news first, After the Headlines (ATH)will be screened at the 2009 Silk City Flick Fest (October 8-11, 2009), www.silkcityflickfest.com, on Saturday, October 10, 2009 at Manchester Community College, 4:45 p.m., its first film festival. I would like to shout out all the folks who are hard at work to open the film festival this Thursday. Thanks for giving a Connecticut screenwriter and filmmaker a shot. Many thanks.
Are you wondering what the bad news is? Maybe I shouldn't say bad, it's more like unfortunate. I will not be able to be at the screening this weekend. I'm going on a family vacation, which was booked long before I submitted the film to the festival. My plane ticket is nonrefundable, so the show must go on without me. I'm disappointed, but my hope is this will be the beginning for the film. I continue to submit to a plethora a film festivals, but alas, there are no guarantees in this business. Time will tell on that front.
In the meantime, I've let cast, crew, and ATH supporters know the good/bad, I mean, unfortunate news. I hope some folks will make it to my screening. I'm looking forward to opening night festivities at Silk City Flick Fest. I will have my postcards in had and will be ready to network.
I hope to have a trailer to post by November. Yes, it is still on my to-do list, my constantly expanding to-do list. I really need to get the ball rolling on that. I have a bunch of things I really need to be doing, but I won't go there in this blog. For those of you who, who have supported me in the past and plan to see attend this weekend's screening, this is an early thank you. I appreciate all the continued support.
Remember, the best way to predict the future is to create it!!!

Comments