Make time in 2017

Here’s a riddle for you. What’s more precious than gold, but cannot be bought, earned, or saved? If you said time, you’re correct. I don’t doubt each of us has a running list of tasks to do, people to see and places to go. We live in a fast-pace on the go culture and we do our best to keep pace with it. Time is the one thing we all can’t ever get enough of. Have you said to yourself, “I need to find the time?”

As a new mom with twins, I’ve had to make a lot of adjustments. I knew this going in, but how it’s played out in practice differs from the many theories I received before they were born. Joining the parenthood continues to be a learning and rewarding experience. However, the sleepless nights, endless list of house chores compounded with trying to find a moment of peace with my husband or times to connect with family, friends and personal interests has left me feeling like I’m on a never ending roller coaster ride.

Lucky for me I have a mom who acts as my emergency brake and when there‘s a sign of me going off the rails, she pulls the lever. She reminds me to press pause and then prioritize. “What do you absolutely need to do at this moment? Whatever it is, do it and then move on to the next thing,” said mom. My response, “I need to find the time.” She quickly interjects, “The time is here, no need to find it. You need to make the time for what matters to you most and do it.” She’s right.

There’s never going to be a shortage of work to get done. Does it stop me from wishing there were more than 24 hours in a day? Of course not, but to my mom’s point; the work isn’t going anywhere while the clock ticks away. To be my best self I have to prioritize my work and make the time for the things in life that matter most.

2017 will bring challenges as well as opportunities. We can harness new ways of thinking and new approaches to our work. When it comes to your time management and work prioritization make time, don’t find time.

Comments

mohsin said…
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do for more informantion
http://www.aqtsoft.com/