It's Already October

I don't know about you, but September seemed like a bit of blur to me. Maybe that's because I spent 13 days of it on vacation and when I returned I transitioned into a new job.

My new job transition is going well. I'm loving my commute. East Hartford to downtown Hartford is about 20 minutes depending on traffic. While I love audio books on CD, I will no longer need them because I'm spending two hours out of my day on the road. Holla! Working closer to home is also nice because I get to see my Billy and hubby that much sooner.

I do like this time of year, especially when a few warm days make an appearance, but it also serves as a reminder that winter is coming and I'm not talking Game of Thrones (I am looking forward to the next season). Winter is my least favorite season. I hate the cold. You would think I'm used to it having lived in this region my whole life, but I'm not. The snow is okay. I actually like to go sledding and make a snow angel every once in a while. However, no snow balls at me head please and when I have to drive in it, not so much.

Rather than dread the winter season to come I will focus on the now. The now is pretty sweet. I have a new job, in a new industry and find myself surrounded by a new team of interested and talented people. I'm looking forward to growing in the role and with the company. Orange, my favorite color, I mean my signature color is in full effect. I love it! It works well in the summer but there is something about the fall and how is blends with the red, yellow, and brown that I really dig.

I also love that October is the beginning of pumpkin everything. Whether you crave breads, cakes, muffins, lattes, pies, soups, raviolis, ice cream, pudding, or something I may have missed, you'll be sure to find it during the next two months. I welcome October. I'm going to embrace it, because before I know it, "lady winter" will be here.

Here are a few pics showcasing how I'm owning the fall season.

My porch pumpkin came from Botticello Farms (locally owned).

The living room has a touch of fall.

A delicious pumpkin pie from Roger's Orchard

Comments