Friday's Flashback: Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere"

TGIF everyone,

I hope each of you had a good week. Mine kicked-off with a bit of a rocky start, but I can say the end of this week is shaping up nicely.

It's been a while since I've posted a video for Flashback Friday and this week I've been feeling a little Beastie. So today's flashback video is the Beastie Boys "Paul Revere." I actually couldn't find the video on YouTube, so instead I have a live performance video of the song. It's been a while since I've heard this song and it's one of my favs from them, but  that's not the recent I picked it for today.

Here's a little story I'm gonna tell... Homage to the opening verse. 

Last week, I was off to grab some photos and write a short article about a new-hire customer service graduation ceremony for my company's employee newsletter. When I arrived the new-hire graduates just finished performing their remixed version of the "Paul Revere" song. The ladies were nice enough to perform it again for me. I thought it was cool how they mashed up the song to talk about their training experience and what they learned. It was also fun to watch because I could clearly see they were having fun.

Their performance reminded me how each of us are touched by stories, whether it be in the form of a poem, song, film or novel. Watching the performance put me in a good place last Friday. As you head into the weekend, what song puts you in a good place. Let me know in the comment section.


Comments