Gearing Up for Gonzaga

Just a little over a week ago I was celebrating the fact that I completed my first year in Gonzaga University's Communication and Leadership Program. I still remember the semester's intense moments. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to manage my course load with work and becoming a new homeowner, but I managed. Spring has finally arrived and while many students across our nation have graduated, or are looking forward to graduation, I've already started my next two courses in Diversity and Leadership and a Communications Practicum.

Gonzaga's campus as the sun sets.
Initially, I wasn't looking forward to summer courses, but as part of my course work I get to visit the university. That's a definite plus in my mind. I love to travel and see places I've never been. This Sunday I will fly to Spokane, Washington. It will be my first trip to the state. I will also get to step out of the virtual world of learning and finally meet some of my professors and fellow students face to face. While I do enjoy the flexibility of online classes, I can say I look forward to the "old school" way of learning, even if it is just for a few days.

While I'm on campus I'll be attending classes for my Communication Practicum. During my stay on campus I will engage in a series of intensive speaking, writing, and multimedia modules. There will also be time set aside to explore the campus and the beautiful Spokane countryside. I'm ready to take pictures. Over the next couple of days I'm gearing up for Gonzaga.

Comments