Whew! I My First Course is Completed

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a while since my last blog entry. Between work, writing assignments, and group projects I really haven't felt like blogging. I just didn't have the energy although there was plenty to talk about in the world. Since my last entry Steve Jobs has passed away, Herman Cain is now considered a serious contender with his 999 plan, and the Occupy movement that begin on Wall Street continues to grow (Yeah!!).

I'm pleased to report that my first course officially ends tomorrow. A heavy load was lifted when I uploaded my final paper late last night. It felt so good. After I posted my final paper on my personal communications philosophy I then logged onto Blackboard to review student presentations and provide feedback on their work.

When this course began, I was worried about how I was going to be able to manage the course load with work.  It wasn't easy, but I did it. I spent some nights staying up late and other days waking up early to catch up on readings and complete writing assignments. I also had a lot of help from the hubby who proofread my papers. I can't thank him enough. He's been a very big support these past eight weeks. Husband your rock!

I've learned a great deal about the fundamentals of communications theory and how it can be applied in research, messaging, and used to problem solve issues in society. In my final group project and paper we were asked to pick an issue in society, apply a communications theory to analyze it, build on that theory and also suggest a solution to solve the issue. Our group project was entitled Operation Reintegration: Applying Communication Theory to Meet the Mental Health Needs of Post-Deployed Military. My partners on this assignment were Libby Weber and Stephen McFadden. They both were phenomenal and brought 110 percent to the work. It was a great collaborative effort.

Now, I get to celebrate and enjoy the weekend. I plan on playing bingo at Foxwoods Saturday morning and then catching up on some reading and assignments for a master's level writing course I'm also taking. No rest for the weary, my next course begins on Monday. The cycle begins all over again, but this time around I have some idea what to expect and will plan accordingly.

Comments

Halima said…
Enjoy your well-earned downtime!
RMaynard said…
congrats, lady! had no doubt you'd knock it out. you continue to inspire me.

keep at it!
Aaliyah said…
Thanks ladies, much appreciated:)

am