Out of the Box is an "Official Selection" at the 2011 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival

Hello everyone,

I know I've probably come off slightly overwhelmed and frazzled in my last blog entry. There have been some positive developments on that front. I can report that while the amount of work I need to do for Gonzaga has not slowed down, I'm getting better at my time management and organization. Kudos to me.

In other good news I'm thrilled to share that my short script, "Out of the Box" is an official selection of the 2011 Urban Media Makers Film Festival (UMMF).  Founded in November 2001, the mission of the Urban Mediamakers is to promote and support a diverse independent media arts community in the Southeast and worldwide. Their signature event is the Urban Mediamakers Film Festival (UMFF), showcasing independent films from around the world. Check out the screenwriting selections here.


I received the good news this past Friday and thought I wait to until Monday to blog about it. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to get myself to Duluth, Georgia to attend the film festival and network with emerging screenwriters and filmmakers while also getting my coursework for Gonzaga done. I would hate to miss this opportunity, but school has to come first.  I will keep you informed on my decision making progress. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Aaliyah said…
Thanks. I feel pretty good about this development!!
Halima said…
Congrats Aaliyah!!!