Getting Local Press for After the Headlines

Hello all,

I planned to write this entry much earlier in the week, but I just couldn't seem to find the time and focus (a problem I seem to have, but if you read this blog on the regular you already know that). If I would have written my entry on Thursday like I planned, the title would have be Seven Days and Counting.

The 2010 Kent Film Festival, http://kentfilmfestival.org/ is just six days away, five if you count the private benefit screening of Company Retreat”, written and directed by acclaimed actor/director Campbell Scott. The screening will take place on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at the Kent Community House, the evening before the start of the 5th annual Kent Film Festival, a celebration of aspiring independent filmmakers.




I'm really looking forward to attending the festival and the screening for After the Headlines.It's my first film festival for After the Headlines, and the fact that it's taking place in Connecticut makes the honor of being accepted that much sweeter. There is still time to get tickets, just visit, http://kentfilmfestival.org/tickets.html. After the Headlines is in block 9. The screening begins at 11:15 am. This means you have plenty of time to party it up on Friday night and still make the screening. Just kidding, but it would be nice to see you there.


Earlier in the week, I sent out media advisories to Connecticut newspapers. The list includes the New Haven Register, the Hartford Courant, the Connecticut Post, the New Haven and Hartford Advocate, Torrington's Register Citizen, and my local paper the Republican American. I lucked out and received a call back from Brynn Mandel, a reporter with the Republican American. I had my interview earlier this afternoon. It went well.  I felt honored sharing the story of why I wrote the script to telling her about the filmmaking process and what it means to me to be showing the film at Kent. I also was photographed for the story, which was icing on the cake. 


Like the Kent Film Festival, the Republican American is another first for me and the film. I'm glad to be getting local press coverage. The truth is I'm ecstatic! It makes me feel like if I can make it here, I can make it anywhere. Next up, look out for the website (thanks to the hubby, he built the framework and I just need to fill in the blanks). My goal is to have the site ready by the end of this weekend. It will be another tool in my arsenal to promote the hell out of this film. 

The feature story should be in Wednesday's paper. I will post it as soon as it hits the web. Thanks for listening.

Comments