After the Headlines: In the Mail


I'm pleased to report that the official copy of After the Headlines is in the mail to cast and crew. I put a bunch of tapes in the mail yesterday and today and will hopefully finish tomorrow. I feel a great sense of accomplishment now that the film is finished, packaged, and out the door. It's nice to say,"post-production on the film is a wrap," and mean it. A big thank you go out to the cast, crew, and supporters that made the production of this film possible.

Although the film is done, the journey is far from over. I've submitted After the Headlines to a bunch of festivals. I've already received some rejections, so I've learned to expect the worse and hope for the best. If it does manage to make it into some festivals I will count my blessings. Before I forget, let me plug the After the Headlines fan page on facebook, visit, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/After-the-Headlines/195595142834?ref=ts.

I'm proud that I followed through on my goal. There were many moments when I was ready to throw in the towel, but I'm so glad I didn't. I can say with pride that I wrote and directed a short film. Is it the best film ever made? No. Could I have done better? Yes, but I'm still proud of what I accomplished. Many people don't even get this far.

Last May, I had the privilege of meeting Mira Nair, a director known for films like, Amelia, The Namesake, and Monsoon Wedding. Check her IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619762/. She encouraged our small group to get the work done. No matter who goood or bad, finish your plays, scripts, and films. There are lessons to be learned in the process. She was right.

I've learned a lot from writing, producing, and directing After the Headlines. I believe my foundation is stronger because of the experience. Now, I can shift back to the writing. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Karim said…
Now get some distrubution
=)
Rana said…
Big kudos to you, girl. Keep moving forward, following your dream!