Getting Back to the Writing

I can't believe summer is halfway over, even though its been 90 degrees most days this week, I still feel like Connecticut hasn't had much of a summer. The weather this summer has been a wash, luckily my life is not. Some really good things have happened to me and I consider myself blessed.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a screening for After the Headlines at Western Connecticut State University. That was a major accomplishment for me. Right now, I'm submitting the film to some festivals. To date, I think I've submitted to about seven. I will probably add one or two more by the fall. I have no idea if I will get in, but I'm crossing my fingers. In my mind it's a potential opportunity that is worth a shot. For a few of the festivals, I've submitted in the student category. I've gotten a few confirmations that the film has been received. Now the waiting game begins, but it will be months before I now. I'm trying not to focus on that, instead I need to get back to my core. My writing.

It was nice to attend a film festival, but that would have not been possible if I didn't take the time to focus and write the story that was in my head. It's time for me to reconnect with the writer in me. With all of the things going on in my life, I've neglected my core, but I still yearn to sit down with pen and paper.

This weekend I will attend the Pilot Pen and audition for a short film. I'm looking forward to both back activities. It will be a nice change of pace for me. But come tomorrow morning, back to my morning pages and when I return from my tennis match on Sunday, my goal is to finishing my weekly reading, which includes two scripts, and then I will write. Even if it is just random thoughts of characters and scenes I will write.

Comments