Engaging News

I made it through the hectic and eventful weekend. I'm still recovering, but I feel good about my participation in the 4th Annual Connecticut Film Mixer and the Cab and Lunch Actors Showcase. Both events had a solid turnout. The wonderful, warm weather was an added bonus for me after a week of mostly cloudy skies and rain.

Before I get into my take aways from the events, I feel the need to share some good news in my personal life. I think most of you probably know do to my posts on facebook and twitter, but for those of you who aren't part of the social networking world, Karim and I got engaged! Even though I've been off the market for five years this June, it's now official. I'm really off. No date has been set and details still have to worked out, but I can assure you it will be low-cost and small, but still nice. I'm past the days of when I envisioned the fairy tail wedding. For one fairy tales aren't real, and I refuse to go into debt over the special day. Our day will be special, it just won't cost Karim and I fortune....lol.

Back to my weekend events.

At the mixer I kept myself busy at the registration table making sure registration volunteers were handling guests needs. They did an awesome job managing the tight space we had to work in. I didn't get a chance to be part of the various networking opportunities, but occasionally I walked around and peeked my head into a few panels and other events like the fashion show and open mic for actors. Maybe next year I'll sign up and perform a monologue. The highlight of the event came for me at the end of the night. I was one of the VIP interviews. I was interviewed by Denise Johnson, a multifaceted actress. Denise and I have worked together on a few projects throughout the years. I think the fact that we know each other helped with the interview. She asked me some really good questions about my projects and where I want to go with them. Somewhere down the road I will probably get a copy of that interview. I will definitely share the interview when I get it.

The Cab and Lunch Actors Showcase came and went quickly. I was running late, city traffic on a Sunday caught me of guard and made me about 15 minutes late. Luckily, I didn't miss too much, and Terri, my scene partner filled me in on what I did miss. We had a good audience, and their where some casting people in it. This was my first showcase. Personally, I think I could have had a stronger performance. However, I can't harp on it and just need to move on and move on I shall.

Next up is finishing After the Headlines and gearing up for the first official screening on Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at Western Connecticut State University. I will have more details in another posting. I'm so thrilled about it, despite the fact that I need to finish the post on it. I'll be meeting with the editor in a couple of weeks to see his edits. Yeah! I have much to do between now and August 4. It's going to be a busy summer, I just hope I don't miss the magic of the season.

Comments