Next Weekend


Although I should be thinking about this weekend and how nice it will be for the sun to finally come out, instead my head is all about my planned activities for next weekend. Having graduated last weekend (note the pic:)), you would think I'm ready to relax and try to catch up on my sleep, no, not me. Next weekend, I have two significant projects on my plate. The first is the 4th Annual Connecticut Film Industry Mixer, June 6, 2009, 5 to 10 p.m at the Holiday Inn in Danbury (tickets are currently on sale via the website at http://www.filmindustrymixer.com/). This networking event offers producers, directors, actors, musicians, photographers, and other artists from the state the opportunity to network with their peers as well as promote the film and entertainment industry within Connecticut. The industry mixer is in partnership with the Connecticut Film Festival, http://www.ctfilmfest.com/, June 2-7, 2009.


I will be the staff manager for the event. My job will be to assist registration staff, photographers, panel moderators, interviewers, and act as a liaison between Neal Thomassen, the event coordinator and the hotel staff at the Holiday Inn. It's a lot to juggle, I didn't realize how much until recently, but I figure I can handle it. I have my production and event planning experience to be thankful for. It's funny how things eventually connect for you down the road. My goal is to keep myself organized and those around me just as organized. I'm looking forward to working with and meeting fellow Connecticut artists and professionals.


My second event puts me back on the stage performing. I'm extremely excited about my participation in the Cab and Lunch Actor's Showcase at the Players Theatre on June 6, 2009 at 1 p.m. For more details and to rsvp, visit the website at http://nycsas.ning.com/. The event is being coordinated by Sheree Kren, who I must compliment for running a tight ship. She is invested in helping actors who are serious about stepping up their game. As a nonunion actress I feel that this is a great opportunity for me to be scene by agents and casting directors.


I will perform a two-minute scene from the 10 minute short play The Next Mrs. Jacob Anderson, written by Ann Wuehler. My character's name is Lisa, I'm the other woman. My scene partner, Terri Greene, plays the current Mrs. Jacob Anderson. In our scene, Terri confronts me at the local farmers market. I won't give out any more details. Come check me out in action!!!


Having the opportunity to get back on the stage feels good. My last performance was in Theatre 4's (http://www.t4ct.com/) fall production of Anton in Show Business. That play was both challenging and a lot of fun. I miss the cast. I would love to do another play, but I think I need to fall back and enjoy the time, really enjoy it.


So while I'm all about what's going on next weekend I have to remember to let myself have time to myself as well as my friends and family. It's hard because I still have so much to do, so many goals to accomplish and the next steps in between are constantly changing. Some how I'll manage, I always do. Thanks for reading.

Comments