Gearing Up For My First Warrior Dash Race

I'm not quite sure how Karim talked me into signing up for Warrior Dash a few weeks ago, but he did and tomorrow is the big day. I hate running, not a fan of getting muddy, but I do like obstacle courses. Maybe it was the obstacle courses that he sold me on. At this point it doesn't matter why I signed up. I have a race to run. Oy vey! 

I consider Warrior Dash to be a mini version of Tough Mudderan increasingly popular hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. 
A participant from Panama City's race.

According to Wikipedia, it's the World's largest running series put on by Red Frog Events, an event company based in Chicago, IL

I've been training off and on, but more off than on. I've been a little better the past two week's squeaking in a few outdoor runs, but I'm still not sure what to expect. Lucky for me, Warrior Dash is only a 5K. 

Similar to when I signed up to bungee jump in Vegas, I knew I would go through with it because the experience was bought and paid for. There's no turning back now. 

I'm thinking I will I also have Karim capture some video of me so I can share with you all next week. It will be an interesting experience and I will do my best to embrace it, after all it 's meant to be challenging and fun! Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! 

You can also check out this YouTube video to get a better idea of what I've signed up for.



Comments

Karim said…
I didn't convince you, you asked me to sign you up. You just wanted to back out once you saw what it was.
=)