The Greater New Haven Heart Walk: Why I Walk

Got heart health? Many Americans don't. Heart disease is the number one killer of American men and women and has been been for more than 30 years.

Heart disease is actually a broad term used for a wide variety of diseases of the heart and blood vessels such as coronary artery disease, heart rhythm disorders called arrhythmias and defects of the heart present at birth, also called congenital heart defects

The good news is that we can do something about heart disease. The American Heart Association is diligently working to help all Americans build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. They work to achieve this through advocacy efforts and campaigns in communities throughout the nation.

I'm proud to let you all know that I will be participating in the 2013 Greater New Haven Heart Walk with UIL Holding Corporation's Team West. UIL has a group of team leaders walking to raise awareness and funds for research. A little over a month from today I will be walking with my team and many others at  Savin Rock in West Haven, Connecticut. 

This year's goal for the race is to raise $320,000. The funds will be used to finance cutting-edge scientific research, conduct public and professional educational programs and advocate for public health. My individual fundraising goal is $150. I would greatly appreciate any financial support you can give. Click here to contribute to the effort. The link will take you directly to my page. Feel free to post a comment and share with your network. I would love to surpass my GOAL!! 

Remember we can make a difference, we just have to act! Thank you in advance for your support!!





Comments