My next thing

Hello all,

I had planned an Anton in Show Business wrap-up blog, but I didn't get to it. My apologies. The three week run of the show went extremely well but after the run I was spent. It took a lot out of me, but at the end of the day, I can say it was worth the sweat, colds, and tiredness I experienced. Being on stage is one of the best feelings in the world and when you know the audience is on the journey with you, that feeling goes from good to great.

The last few days I've spent recuperating in Vegas. I welcomed the warm weather but I think I came back just as tired as when I left....lol.

I'm going to miss the cast in Anton in Show Business. I had the pleasure of working with a talented group of women. It was an enriching experience for me. I really pushed myself with the roles in the play and think I'm a better actor having had this experience.

It's going to be a while before I'm back on stage. Right now my focus is on After the Headlines. I have a little under two weeks to prepare for the shoot. The remainder of days will be spent tying loose ends and working with Tanesha, my production coordinator and Brandy, my assistant director. I can't believe the moment is almost here. Yikes. I'm excited and nervous. I can definitely feel the support from the cast, crew, friends and family, which is a major relief. However, I still have those butterflies in my stomach. I think that nervous feeling is good because it keeps me from getting to "cocky."

This moment feels like a major milestone in my life. I'm a bit taken back by the whole thing, but then I remind myself that I have to demonstrate the courage to do the things I want to make a living at...even if I'm not making a living at it now. If I don't do it for myself no one else will do it for me. Holding down a 9 to 5 and pursuing my passion part-time has been a journey and although I'm not where I thought I'd be, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. My issue is once I get out of the tunnel, what's next?

In the short-term, post production for After the Headlines. I need to get a rough cut together to present at my residency in January. The residency in January will hopefully be my final semester. I say hopefully, because I still have to submit my thesis proposal, it has to get accepted by the thesis committee, and then I have to write the darn thing (a semi-autobiographical television pilot loosely based off of me and my friends. Think Sex and the City, but more blue-collar and multi-cultural). I don't even want to think about working on that until after I make it through next weekend and start putting After the Headlines together in post-production (I also need to make time for that). I will have to go into the NYC to meet up with the Jeff, the editor, a former colleague of mine at Blue Chip Films.

Once After the Headlines is edited, scored, and packaged nicely ($$$$), my next steps are to create a film festival media kit, then submit the film, cross my fingers and wait. The waiting game sucks but while I'm doing that I'll be writing. The cycle continues and so must I.

On a side note, make sure you get out and VOTE!!!!

Comments