Almost over

Hey Folks,

Another Christmas bites the dust. Although my family and I don't really celebrate Christmas in the sense of honoring the birth of Jesus, we do look forward to spending the holiday season together. I had a low-key holiday celebration, this year I spent Christmas Eve with my cousins, who live in Waterbury and Christmas day was spent with my significant other. It was nice. I ate good, but not too much. Unfortunately, my mom and sis were both busy, Dawn is in California soaking up the sun and mom was at working making some extra $$$.

I made sure I got in a nice leg and butt workout on Christmas eve. I have to get back into my fitness routine. The last couple of weeks I've been delinquent due to schoolwork and preparation for the reading of Finding Patience. I'm still in rewrites for the second reading. I printed out the script today, thinking it was done, and I still found typos and I duplicated scenes. Hot mess. I have to go through the script again, when I get home from work. I won't it to be on point when I send it out to the actors.

Now it's time to start counting down to the end of the year. All in all, I can't complain to much about 2007. I think I had more good moments than bad. As always I learned a valuable lesson when it comes to money, don't give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to loaning it out. Get everything in writing, and if you don't trust them then don't waste your time. I had a recent event that reminded of me of this point. It's a shame people are so trifling, but I'm cutting my losses and won't be dealing with this individual in the future. Although I should put her on blast I won't, but if you personally want to know just ask.

I also realized that I still have so much work ahead of me in 2008. I feel like I'm coming into my own as a screenwriter and I'm looking forward to writing another feature script this year, maybe two. I also have to think about my producing and directing my first short film. I hope to get that done before the end of the year. I'm accepting donations...and I consider the Aaliyah brand a worthwhile investment. There's a lot on my plate and I have to balance it with my 9-5, family, the beau, and friends. It's a lot, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm gonna go for now. I hope all of you out there are looking forward to a prosperous 2008. Lets all keep our eyes on the prize.

Comments